Glitch Techs: The Miko Kubota File💜



Good Morning Glitch Techs Fans! This is Ethan Stranger doing my 3rd Nicktoons Review Blog Post (Following my “I’m A Goofy Goober: The SpongeBob (Birthday) Post & Legend of Korra: Power Bender”), today I’ll be reviewing Nickelodeon's/Netflix’s Glitch Techs (as well as reviewing one specific character I found Interesting...and that would be Miko Kubota). Besides sporting some Purple (especially her hairdo) cause Purple is my all-time favorite color in the world, her creators (Dan Milano & Eric Robles) have confirmed that she has ADHD, something that I, Ethan Stranger, and many people out there can relate to! So let’s go over the behind-the-scenes creation of Glitch Techs as well as why Miko Kubota steals the show (besides her sporting Purple).


Glitch Techs was picked by Nickelodeon all the way back in the summer of 2016 and was originally supposed to debut back in 2018 before being pushed two years later, all the way back to 2020 - this all happened while big series like SpongeBob (I miss the old episodes) & the Loud House (not much of a fan, in my opinion) was still airing. Unfortunately, after the second season, which aired in Fall 2020, There is no news about a new season!



When I watched Glitch Techs on Netflix (while still being a part of the Nicktoons family),  I described the concept of the series to be like “GhostBusters”, but instead of hunting ghosts, it was all about hunting video game characters that had come to life due to these bizarre viruses). I just found the concept quite unique (as well as me not getting enough of Miko, who literally stole the show for me, for once in a while you find some amazing characters out there)


 Now that “Paramount+” is up & running, I hope they scoop up Glitch Techs & attempt to do something special with it (like reviving it) or create a spin-off or crossover events with other Nicktoons Characters, I have several ideas for this series (but that’s another story unless Creators Dan Milano & Eric Robles & the head of Nickelodeon wanna hear me out).



So now it’s discussed more about how I (Ethan Stranger) can relate to Miko (Also I have a small crush on Zahra) (Picture, Top Left). As I already mentioned, Glitch Techs Creator (Dan Milano) has stated that  Miko Kubota has ADHD, as many people out there do.


Allow this graph (Picture, Center) to explain better the differences... 


While I (Ethan Stranger) have mentioned in past blog posts that I have Aspergers, just last fall, I’d recently learned about my ADHD diagnosis and,  I have to admit, at first,  I don’t know what to think of myself & was scared for whenever I continue heading out into the world because of the way in which other people might see & treat me - even though I’ve grown and I feel that I have more control and strategies,  

I feel I still have a ways to go in controlling my condition and using it to achieve my objectives.

In Miko’s case, she has ADHD & Glitch Techs Creator (Dan Milano) has explained the various signs showing Miko Kubota’s ADHD Symptoms, like “strong dislike of tutorials &  learning and focusing difficulty” which is something I (Ethan Stranger) can also relate too, for I too had difficulty in both learning & focusing (either at school, at home or anywhere), it’s just hard to stay focus cause there’s so much going on in your mind. It was also revealed that originally Miko was gonna be held back a grade due to her difficulty, however, it’s later revealed that she’s homeschooled, which is something that never happened to me, and, to be honest, I’m not sure if it would’ve helped me in the first place, especially knowing that I have many great memories from School in general (also some bad ones, but the good overpowers the negative stuff).  I wouldn’t be surprised if I (Ethan Stranger) manage to travel to the Glitch Techs Universe & meet up with Miko Kubota, these 2 reaction poses (Picture, Left & Right) are her reactions towards me (Picture, Center).


So I do hope that the Glitch Tech series (in general) continues for a few more seasons (as well as try some new concepts, like spin-offs or crossover events with other Nicktoons Characters or even with Sonic the Hedgehog), cause I see potential in this series, so I hope Paramount+ scoops up Glitch Techs so they can do more (like what they’re doing with Star Trek nowadays) - it just goes to show you that any small fan base of any show can save a series if the company behind it is willing to make a few adjustments when it comes to streaming. 


I’m grateful for the creation of Miko Kubota (especially since I now know that I have ADHD, there’s a cartoon character out there that I can relate to & others can too). She being the blueprint for “ADHD-Related Cartoon Character Representation” is a good thing. Finding models that represent you in series, movies or TV is such an important thing for everyone out there. We should strive for diversity, for it makes us stronger.

So until I figure out a way to meet Miko in person, Ethan Stranger signs off while Playing “Plastic Love”, but is Miko ok with that, she giving me the thumbs up or the hand, you decide! 

Thumbs up it is!


#SaveGlitchTechs


(For Miko Kubota)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just a Stray Black Cat: The Felicia Hardy Story

Marvel’s What if…Special Edition II